We are looking for undergraduate students to be volunteer teaching assistants (TAs) for our "I Know I Can" Academies at the Ramallah Friends School in Palestine for July 1 - August 4, 2018.
TAs are matched with one of our teachers to support the classroom instruction and extracurricular activities. We will have openings for TAs within all of our programs: K-5, 6-9 and 10-11. See "Students" section of website for more info about the programs.
*undergraduate or recent college graduate
*passion for teaching, tutoring, and working with youth
*openness to feedback and direction
* social justice mindset and comfort discussing issues of identity, equity, and power
* maturity, responsibility, and strong relationship-building and communication skills
See "Goals and Criteria" page in Staff section for more details about selection criteria.
* $500 stipend to support living expenses
* housing provided
Note: TAs are responsible for securing funding for their flight and all other costs
How to Apply
1. Review the website for details about the programs.
2. Submit the online form (click above APPLY BY FEB 15 TO JOIN US)
3. Email your Resume to email@example.com.
Jan 1 – Feb 15: Accepting Applications
March 1-15: Reviewing Applications
March 15 – April 15: Conducting Phone Interviews
April 15– May 1: Extending Offers to applicants
May 1– July 1: Teacher Preparation (conference calls and planning deadlines)
July 1–6: Staff Orientation in Ramallah, Palestine
July 7 - August 4: Teaching in Ramallah, Palestine
You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.