July 31 2018 Homework:
- Complete your Common Application Personal Statement by incorporating revisions made.
- Complete your showcase project. Refer to Page 31 in your College and Career Guide or email if you have any questions! Good luck!
July 28 2018 Homework:
- Complete your second draft of the Common Application Personal Statement. Due Monday. If you completed the first/second draft already, be sure to incorporate edits and feedback!
- Begin working on your first draft of your showcase project. Due Tuesday. Moved one day up because of scheduling. Refer to Page 31 in your College and Career Guide or email if you have any questions! Good luck!
July 26 2018 Homework:
- Complete your first draft of the Common Application Personal Statement. Due Saturday. If you completed the first draft, be sure to incorporate edits and feedback!
- Bring your College and Career Student Guide on Sunday. Review the project options on page 31 and be ready to discuss them in class.
July 25 2018 Homework:
- Complete your first draft of the Common Application Personal Statement. Due Saturday.
July 24 2018 Homework:
- Write 150-200 words for your Common Application essay first draft. This is a decrease from 400 words since there is a lot of homework assigned today.
- Prepare for your 1:1 with specific asks/questions and be sure to sign up for a slot here.
July 23 2018 Homework:
- Complete the SAT Program Survey if you have not.
- Incorporate edits made by us into your second drafts of your UC Personal Insight Essays.
- Choose one prompt from the Common Application Prompt list here to begin working on tomorrow. Begin brainstorming your response. Here is a brainstorming strategy video.
- Bring your own computers tomorrow!
July 19 2018 Homework:
Complete 3 University of California Personal Insight Prompts. Due Monday. Refer to the Personal Statement Rubric for clarity and be sure to show and not tell.
July 18 2018 Homework:
Brainstorm responses to 3 of the UC Prompts and complete 1 prompt for homework.
Create and begin the Common App.
Find out your address out if you don't know it at the moment.
July 12 2018 Homework:
- Complete GPA homework after reteaching.
- Begin creating your college list. Only include 3-4 categories: deadlines + 2-3 of your choice. Over time we will add more information to them.
July 11 2018 Homework:
- Complete pages 9, 10, and 11 as part of the GPA Jump section.
- Optional: Begin researching for your college list using the search engines mentioned in order to get a head start in preparation for the college panel on Thursday, July 13 during closing.
July 10 2018 Homework:
Complete pages 4-8 of the WOOP Packet.
July 9 2018 Homework:
- Complete the College Counseling Survey.
- Write for 7-10 minutes using the "I am Looking At" Prompt. Think of the detail of what you're seeing. Instead of "The wall is yellow," think of how you can give the object more life through increased detail.
- Write for 7-10 minutes beginning with the prompt "I Remember."
Ustaz Sherif and Miss Olivia here with you! Welcome to I Know I Can College Counseling. This summer we will prepare for the college admissions process, figure out a bit more of who we are as a community and as individuals, and write our personal statements. We're very excited to begin this summer with you!
In the meantime if you have any questions you can reach us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.