"I Know I Can, Too" 3rd-5th Grades English Camp
- Where? Ramallah Friends School Lower Campus
- Who? Students in grades 3rd-5th are split two groups, 3rd/4th and 5th
- What? English classes in the morning and extracurricular activities in the afternoon
- Dates: July 5 - August 4, 2018
- Days: Monday - Thursday & Saturday (Friday & Sunday - no camp)
- Times: 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Managers: Cat Page (Germany/New Zealand) and Mohit Mehta (USA/India)
Students will cultivate their authentic voice through speaking, reading, writing, listening and overall language development in English.
Students will deepen their critical consciousness through inquiry into relevant social justice questions (Environmentalism, Gender, Health, Global Poverty, Civil Rights)
Students will have fun and develop teamwork skills!
- Our students participate in 4-weeks of social justice-based English instruction, gaining further confidence in using English while finding creative solutions to global problems.
- In the afternoon, students engage in extracurricular activities and sports including dance, volleyball, basketball, rugby, drama, arts and crafts, computer programming and more!
- Students build teamwork and cooperation in multigrade teams, joining in team competitions including water games, races, games and other activities.
What makes this program special?
- Creative Project-Based Learning. Our teachers create specialized lesson plans for the 4-weeks that focus on creative, student-centered learning and social justice. Themes in the past have including "Girl's Education," "My Story, My Voice," "Environmental Racism" and "Gender."
- English Immersion. Our camp is entirely in English, giving students multiple opportunities to practice the language with Arabic support as needed.
- Extracurricular Activities. Students rotate each week during the 4-week period, having a chance to try different activities such as board games, computer design, drama, scrapbooking, etc.
- Outdoor Sports and Games. We promote the values of teamwork and cooperation through various sports including basketball, rugby, volleyball, yoga, zumba and more. Students rotate each week during the 4-week period.