10th-11th Grade College Prep Academy
The College Prep Academy is for students who want to improve their SAT scores, apply to colleges in the US and other countries, and develop their teamwork and leadership skills in a joyful environment.
- ALL students will improve by at least 100 points in their SAT scores.
- ALL students will research and choose 3-5 safety, middle, and reach universities, and write several drafts of their personal statement and other college essays relevant for the universities that they have chosen.
- ALL students will develop their confidence in themselves, teamwork skills, and their belief that they can be a leader for social justice in their community.
- Where? Ramallah Friends School Upper Campus
- Who? Students grades 10-11 are grouped into four teams with mixed academic ability levels and ages. Our teaching staff are experienced English and SAT Prep teachers from the US, and we will have a college counselor on staff.
- What? Each day starts and ends with a whole program activity in the chapel, and there are four classes per day: SAT Math, SAT Reading, SAT Writing, and College Counseling.
Students take three full-length SAT tests over the course of the program to gauge progress.
- When? July 5 - August 4. 10:00am-4:15pm
What makes this program special?
- Students last year averaged over 100 points of growth on the new SAT.
- Our teachers are fun, inspiring and knowledgeable American educators who are excited to be in Palestine working with you all.
- Students who have completed our program have gone on to attend Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Columbia, Berkeley, UBC, and many others.
- Each day includes four classes: SAT Reading, SAT Writing, and SAT Math, and a College Counseling or Tutoring class.
- Our College Counseling including writing personal statement, selecting universities, and starting applications.
- Students take three full-length SAT tests over the course of the program to measure their growth.
- Homework? Yes. There is an average of 1 hour of homework per night - homework is mandatory and there are consequences for missed homework because progress requires hard work!
10:30-11:35 1st period
11:40-12:45 2nd period
1:30-2:35 3rd Period
2:40-3:45 4th Period
4:30-4:45 Homework Club
What do our students say about our program?
Coordinator of College Prep Academy
7 years of SAT Writing teacher